About the blog
The goal of this site is to present in an easy-to-read format and practical way, innovation in general and innovations and new usages of contactless technologies such as barcodes, smart cards, RFID, NFC, M2M, Zigbee, … and more globally the Internet of Things (IoT) and related fields such as the Smart home, artificial intelligence, robotics and blockchains. These technologies, already silently part of our environment, in our clothes, ID cards, ski pass, highway toll pass, professionnal badges, transportation cards and soon in our mobile phones, are enabling new usages for every one of us and they are a great source of innovation in our enterprises.
A French citizen by birth and an optimistic world citizen by heart, I have been part of the development of two major and exciting technology adventures, the micro-computing (hardware and software ) Commodore, Apricot, Borland) industry in the 80’s and the Internet (CompuServe, AOL) starting in the mid 90’s) in product marketing executives roles in France, Europe and in the US.
In 2009, I had a personal encounter with a 3rd technology adventure, contactless technologies, which I describe and present in this blog. In the same time, I’ve helped companies to integrate in their innovation strategy and development, these new technologies around contactless and the Internet of Things through my consulting firm NET-7 Innovation, member of CNRFID and the Internet of things Council.
In 2012, 2013 and 2014, as mentionned to the blog readers in this post, I managed Forum SMSC, a French association aiming at the deployment of NFC mobile services in France, as managing director while continuing to edit this blog with the same pedagogical approach to introduce innovative contactless services, while respecting confidentiality related to my duties in the Forum.
In 2015 and 2016, I was again a speaker, conference moderator, trainer, consultant with NET-7 Innovation, member of ACSEL and the Internet of things Council. And in March 2015, I published the 1st business-oriented book about NFC services « Le mobile NFC, télécommande de notre quotidien » (in French).
In 2017, I joined IESCI, the European Institute of Creative and Innovation Strategies, a long-term customer, which manages the Club de Paris des Directeurs de l’Innovation , a think tank dedicated to innovation directors, and for the last 17 years the Mardis de l’Innovation / » Innovation Tuesdays », a free and open to all innovation class. In this role, my duties included organizing and facilitating events and trainings about innovation, but with a more global and less technological approach.
In 2018, while continuing to work part-time on Club de Paris des Directeurs de l’Innovation and Mardis de l’Innovation events, I’m back on the market as a speaker, conference moderator, trainer, consultant in my favorite fields – NFC contactless technology and all of its applications, the consumer and industriel internet of things, digital in general (including artificial intelligence and blockchains) and of course innovation.
I will of course continue to follow closely the developments of the digital industry and manage this blog as a fully independent editor.
TV/Radio/Event recordings and press articles
- 2016 Mardis de l’Innovation – Connected Transportation
- 2015 BFM Business TV – Contactless payment debate with Ingenico and Visa
- 2015 Mardis de l’Innovation – in French – IOT and health
- 2015 France Culture radio – L’Internet des objets est-il compatible avec la vie privée? A debate around IOT and privacy
- 2013 Semaine Digitale de Bordeaux IOT debate
- 2011 Avis d’expert, an article about Google’s strategy arount NFC published in « Le Journal du Net »
- 2010 An article reviewing this blog during the last « Cartes 2010 » conference
- 2010 An interview about the RFID business on the discoverrfid.org site
- 2010 A video interview in which, I summarize the key aspects of the RFID Live Journal 2010, recorded and posted on Jean-Michel Billaut’s blog, a well-known and influential French technology blogger (in French)
- 2009 Avis d’expert, an article about the iPhone potential influence on the contactless market published in « Le Journal du Net »
- CONNECTED OBJECTS – how NFC technology enables a more environmentally-friendly design
- Le NFC est-il compatible avec le ecommerce ?
- Internet des objets et santé aux Mardis de l’Innovation
- Is there such a thing as smart retail
- French hitech – Looking at the past to understand the present
- Technologies RF (ou pas) et Commerce – QR Code, RFID, BLE, NFC, …
- Is there such a thing as the internet of things !
- The road ahead for Mobile NFC services
- Séminaire de la Controverse – RFID – Mythes et réalités
- L’internet des objets sera multiple ou ne sera pas.
- Demain les objets sont connectés
- Tour du Monde des nouveaux moyens de paiement en quelques images
- L’impact des technologies sans contact RFID NFC pour les distributeurs
- Introduction à la technologie sanscontact (RFID/NFC)
- Introduction aux technologies de la tracabilité
- La logistique de demain
Conference as a speaker / moderator (selection in French and English)
- 2016 Digiworld (Montpellier), CITC (Lille), FCGA Congress (Lille), Mardis de l’Innovation – Connected transportation (Paris), Sierra Wireless Innovation conference (Paris), …
- 2015 IOT European Summit (Brussels), S3C – Smart Countries & Cities (Paris), Mardis de l’Innovation – Connected health (Paris), Shake Event (Marseille), Contactless challenge (Paris), Intl RFID Congress (Marseille), …
- 2014 MWC (Barcelona), IOT Day (Paris), Forum Same (Sophia Antipolis), Mobile Wallet Conference (Zurich), Pole SCS (Aix), Séminaire Controverse (Paris), BPI France (Paris), NFCP (London), Intl RFID Congress (Marseille), …
- 2013 Wima (Monaco), NFCP Summit (London), M-Days (Frankfurt), Semaine digitale (Bordeaux), CCI Paris, IOT Dat (Paris)
- 2012 Wima, Colloque « Moyens de paiement » à Bercy, Conférence G9+, Futur-en-Seine, GSMA NFC & Mobile Summit (Milano), Picom (Lille), Cartes (Paris), …
- 2011 Partner VIP France, Paris (Vote Best Expert conference ), NFC World Congress, Sophia Antipolis
- 2010 Spilog, Lyon, IP Convergence, Paris – RFID, Mobilité, Progilog, Paris
- 2009 Progilog, Paris
Images as a speaker
Images from professional events
- You may find on Flickr many professional events images under Creative Commons licensing.